Take Your Place Among Poker's Greatest Players in Funkitron's New Computer Game, POKER SUPERSTARS INVITATIONAL TOURNAMENT
Take Your Place Among Poker's Greatest Players in Funkitron's New Computer Game, POKER SUPERSTARS INVITATIONAL TOURNAMENT; Game Based on NBC and FOX Sports Net's Popular Poker Tournament
BOXFORD, Mass.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--April 27, 2005--Now's your chance to make poker history. Fans are invited to take on the world's top professional poker players in Funkitron's new computer game, POKER SUPERSTARS INVITATIONAL TOURNAMENT - based on the hit poker series seen on FOX Sports Net and NBC. The championship show, shown on NBC on Super Bowl Sunday, drew one of the largest poker audiences in history. In the POKER SUPERSTARS INVITATIONAL TOURNAMENT game, players challenge poker masters Doyle Brunson, Howard Lederer, Johnny Chan, Gus Hansen, T.J. Cloutier, Phil Ivey, Barry Greenstein and Chip Reese to a round, season or cash game of No-Limit Texas Hold 'Em. This exclusive gathering of poker professionals has collectively won more tournaments and money in cash games than any other comparable group of players, giving players the chance to be the best of the best.
"This computer game is a great simulation of the Superstars Invitational," said Barry Greenstein. "The presentation and quality of the graphics make you feel like you're right in the middle of the action," added Doyle Brunson.
"Poker is experiencing an explosion in popularity among all ages," said Dave Walls, president of Funkitron, Inc. "The POKER SUPERSTARS INVITATIONAL TOURNAMENT computer game invites fans of all levels into the thrilling fun of a poker tournament against some of the world's top poker professionals. Beginners can learn the fundamentals in a non-intimidating setting and benefit from the frequent tips, while experts will enjoy challenging computer opponents and the excitement of playing against the pros."
Meet the Competition: The World's Top Poker Players
In the game, players are pit against eight poker masters with an impressive background and poker resume:
1. Doyle Brunson - Author of the poker bible and winner of nine World Series bracelets, including back-to-back World Championships
2. Howard Lederer - A cool and calculating veteran who has been called the Professor of Poker
3. Johnny Chan - The back-to-back World Champion and Hall of Famer who was revered in the hit movie "Rounders"
4. Gus Hansen - A former backgammon champion who has made a name for himself in poker with his aggressive style
5. T.J. Cloutier - One of the all-time top money winners at the World Series of Poker, and winner of more than 50 major tournaments
6. Phil Ivey - The aggressive young gun who already has four World Series titles to his name
7. Barry Greenstein - The Robin Hood of Poker, he has donated millions of his tournament winnings to charity
8. Chip Reese - The youngest-ever inductee into the Poker Hall of Fame and considered by many pros to be the best all-around player
About POKER SUPERSTARS INVITATIONAL TOURNAMENT Game
POKER SUPERSTARS INVITATIONAL TOURNAMENT features game tips, advanced poker AI computer opponents, game speed-up options for quick play designed for practice, three game modes (Round - one TV show, Season - a tournament, or Cash Game - limit game). The unique player card system tracks a player's best winnings, best pots and winning hands. POKER SUPERSTARS INVITATIONAL TOURNAMENT is now available for a suggested retail price of $19.95 at www.funkitron.com , as well as major game sites and retailers.
About Funkitron, Inc.
Funkitron, Inc. is a game publishing company founded by game industry veteran Dave Walls in 2001. Funkitron is known for creating high-quality, fun games that appeal to a broad audience and can be distributed digitally via online networks. The company has had much success with hits such as "SCRABBLE(R) Deluxe", "Slingo(R) Deluxe", "Boggle(R) Supreme" and the just released "Poker Superstars Invitational Tournament(TM)". For more information about Funkitron, please visit www.funkitron.com